I know the feeling of looking at a new cuisine and you don’t want to look like a newbie. If you follow this guide on how to eat Balot. You more than likely to make new friends and much deserved respect.
- Pick the heaviest from the bunch. That means you will have more of the savory soup inside that taste just like chicken. (The Darker the Egg. The bigger the Chick.)
- Find the airpocket in the egg and start cracking.
- Once you have a crater to this volcanic treat. Add the condiments either rock salt or a vinegar concoction with hot peppers and all kinds of secret stuff. (Available at the site of purchase)
- Start slurping the soupy, savory chicken juice.
- After all the juice is gone. Peel the egg all the way down almost the other end. Have a little bit of shell left so you can hold onto it. Add more of the salt or vinegar mix at this time. (Optional)
- Say your prayers and take a big bite.
- The Beer to flush down all your sins. Amen.